Saturday, April 28, 2007

Man I love Restrictor Plates!

It's Talladega weekend. Second plate race of the year. Plate racing is one of those things you either love or you hate. At least to me it seems that way. It just seems there is no middle ground. I LOVE it!!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! I think my love for it goes back to the times of Big E who will be celebrating his birthday this weekend, so it seems fitting that his birthday falls on Talladega weekend. The man had 10 wins at that track, and his son has 5 and leads the way for most active drivers with wins at that track not to mention 4 wins in a row. I think it's time to make that a 6-pack myself :)

Dale Earnhardt made drafting look like a ballet on four wheels, you can see that still when you see Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr run on plate tracks. Jeff credits Dale for teaching him to race at Talladega.

Tomorrow I'll be sitting in front of my television wearing my Dale Jr gear cheering.

No comments: