Sunday, April 15, 2007

well hmmm

Call it growing maturity (my birthday is tomorrow, I'll be another year older so yeah we'll call it maturity) I had a thought in my mind for a post about how some drivers are well just whiny and annoy the ever loving tar out of me (No I'm not talking about Jeff Gordon, right organization, wrong driver.) And how after the car is wrecked because that driver didn't slow down and ended up plowing into another car thus causing the massive mess to his car then storm away from the track leaving his team scratching their heads trying to find a driver for the final laps of the race. BUT instead I read this article
It totally made me proud to be a Dale Jr fan. This guy is paying it forward basically. He could have been very angry and said to hell with it and nobody would have blamed him for it at all. After all, he wasn't going to be getting any points or any other compensation for being a nice guy. He was just doing something he felt in his mind was right. It does make me wonder how the Monday morning meeting on the 5 team is going to at HMS. But that's a thought for another day. Back to Dale Jr. Sure some conspiracy theorist.. okay some NASCAR Conspiracy Theorists are going to say hmmm.. was Dale Jr using this time to "audition" for HMS? It wouldn't be the first time this question was posed. Marty Smith asked Jimmie Johnson on his XM Radio Show about Junior coming over to HMS. Jimmie said basically he thought that Dale Jr would stay at D.E.I. Which in case any one is wondering how I feel. I tend to believe he'll stay at D.E.I myself too. I think he's got one of the best people in the world helping him with his contracts in his sister Kelley. She's smart and very business orientated. I think that Dale Jr and Kelley are pretty much at this point where they can write their own ticket and get pretty much everything they ask for and I don't think that Max Siegal is a dumb guy and is going to let the 'cash cow' of D.E.I. walk away without a fight. So I think the chances of Junior leaving D.E.I are slim to none.

The entire event with him being the bigger person and helping out the very team who's driver took him out of contention for a potential win just shows how wonderful a person Dale Jr is and it makes this Bud 8 Fan proud to put on red on Sundays and cheer for that red bud car.

No comments: